Wabe Children’s Aid and Training (WCAT) is an Ethiopian Resident Charity Organization. It was established in 1993 to alleviate the socio economic problems of vulnerable children, youth, women and elderly people.
On November 07, 2009, WCAT was registered by the charities and societies agency with a registered number of 0541. It is renewing its license as per the Charities and Societies Agency Law.
Since its establishment WCAT has been implementing various development programs complementary to the policies of the government in Amhara and Oromia regional states and Addis Ababa City Government.
- To see the lives of children from marginalized families and community groups improved to become productive and responsible citizens free from ignorance, poverty and disease.
- Work for target children free from marginalised families and community groups to improve their lives through education and skills training based integrated development approaches.
- To empower orphan and vulnerable children and economically poor people in a sustainable way.
- To provide inclusive quality basic education for rural and urban children.
- To provide Integrated Adult Functional Literacy for needy youth and adults.
- To capacitate schools for improving quality education.
- To empower destitute women and unemployed youth economically through ICA.
- To mainstream disability and other cross cutting issues in all programs.
- To promote health information and services.
- To promote wise use of natural resources and protection of the environment.
- Participatory and flexibility
- Non discrimination
- Gender Sensitivity